Furnace leaking carbon monoxide discovered by family of sick dog
“A Michigan family was able to escape a carbon monoxide leak — thanks to their dog, Rascal.
Diane Smith said her dog started showing signs of slowing down on Tuesday.
“He wasn’t coming right to me when I called his name, he wasn’t coming into the kitchen,” she said. “Well, he finally came in the kitchen, but he just collapsed, so I have him so goldfish crackers and he wanted nothing to do with that, which was unusual.”
Smith took him to the vet who didn’t find any sign of illness, so they went back home. But Rascal started to act weird again.”
Read the full story here.
After texting friends, the family was alerted that it might be carbon monoxide poisoning. They assumed that since there CO detector wasn’t going off that wasn’t a possibility. Further testing proved otherwise. After investigating, it was determined that the furnace was leaking the toxic gas.
At Team Mechanical, we’re fully aware of the dangers a malfunctioning furnace poses. If your furnace is in need of repair don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us at 612-729-5646 or visit our furnace repair page for more information.